Sunday 3 June 2012

Bruised ribs ...

After almost 2 months of not training any martial arts at all, except for the daily fitness, we decided to pick it all up again. I made reservations for the animationroom for an hour on tuesday evening, so after work , me and Paul, went to exercise.
It only took us about 10 minutes to be out of breath. But we did manage to hang in there for about 45-50 minutes anyway.
We jumped rope, ran around the room, got warmed up and streched to avoid any injuries. After this we started pounding on the pillows ... pads they are called, I guess. Kicking and boxing ... pretending to be real pro's.
Then at the end we counted 15 kicks ... Paul must have counted 14 because when I dropped the pad, his number 15 came up knee-wise and struck me right above the pad straight into my ribs. At frist I didn't think too much about it and after jumping it off a little , I said to hit it again. That's when I felt it was more then just a kick in the ribs. Up to now it is hard to sleep on that side. Even fitness is out of the question, but I still go anyway. Maybe I should have it checked out, but then again, I am stubborn, I've always been. I'll just walk it off...

No comments:

Post a Comment