Thursday 19 April 2012

I'm back !

Hey y'all, I'm back. 2 weeks ago I finally got my multiple re-entree visa and took the first plane home to see my wife and daughter after 2,5 months. So that's the reason it went quiet on here for some time.
The vacation in Belgium was good, but exhausting : as of the first day family and friends were dropping by or asked to come over. But it was fun. It felt so good to finally hold my wife and daughter again and seeing everyone. It hit me by surprise how much I missed them ...
The weather could have been a little nicer though. Coming back from a sunny 37 C into 5 C and raining wasn't that nice, was it ?
I had to take care of some belgian administration, and it made my stomach turn. I realy hate the way those people act ... lazy, unrespectful, careless, ....
Those days flew and before I knew it I was at the trainstation again, trading in my e-booking for a ticket on the Thallys from Antwerp to Amsterdam airport.
And guess what  ... the reservation I had was for a train that didn't exist and a seat that wasn't there as well. What a great way to start the journey. The guy at the counter said I had to call the KLM-desk because he couldn't help me, even when I showed him I had payed for it. No-one picked up the phone as was expected. But at the end I got another ticket on another train and made it to the airport just in time.
At the airport, customs did not accept my tax-refund ticket because I couldn't show them the item I had bought. It was in my luggage which had to be checked-in before you could enter the tax-free zone where the customs are !?! So how could I show it then !?! Man, ... I couldn't wait to get on the plane and get out of here.
When I arrived in Bahrayn after 17 hours, the taxi driver to bring me to KSA hadn't shown up. And I culdn't call them because the SIM-card we have from work doesn't work in Bahrayn. So far for their security policy of being reachable at all times huh. After 20 minutes some-one showed up and old me they had made a mistake : they went to the wrong airport. Strange, because I had confirmed the day before. Anyway, I finally dropped in bed around 02.30am. At 06.00am the first working day started, so I had to regain my strength a little, hence the late post.

No comments:

Post a Comment