Tuesday 28 August 2012

Time goes so fast ...

Damn ! I just see my last post dated 2 months ago already !
Sorry guys, didn't realize that.
It has been a bit 'busy' though, but in a good way. I went back home somewhere around the end of June to see the wife and daugther, but also to get some works done on the house, Just for a week. During that weekend we also had a family gathering. Something we do once a year and then the whole family just have a chat and a day out with some nice lunch and diner and something to relax. This year was family mini-golf and a walk in the woods. Impressive if you see about 35-40 people walking up to you  :-)
Since I don't have a car anymore, I had to rent one. And what better thing to do than rent one you would have like to have driven for a long time, right ? So, because a Lamborghini was a bit too expensive, I was thinking of a Maserati ... not available :-( So I went to Jaguar for the XJ. Also not available. My third choice was ready to go : the Porsche Panamera Diesel ! A great car ! I was really surprised of the comfort, the size, the space, the speed and the fuel-consumption. After 650+ kilometer and having tested the electronic speedlimit (240 km/h) a couple of times, the meter stopped at 42 liter of diesel ! Crazy how little it uses. I promptly made a reservation for the next visit to Belgium.


After another 3 weeks back in Saudi I took the airplane to Thailand to join my wife and daughter. Ramadan started in Saudi and almost everybody decides to go back home for a month or so, just to avoid al the difficulties that come with it : all shops are closed, you're not allowed to eat during daytime (in public that is), the Saudi get grumpy after a week (which you can't blame them for, because it's hard to obey the Ramadan rules, especially in this heat).
Huge difference and another cultural shock after a month in Thailand - green, food everywhere, smiling people and ... woman you can look at without having to fear punishment.

We also got our trainees this months and started with the lessons ... but I'll keep that for another post, because there's too much to say about this ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment