Saturday 19 May 2012

Fare-well party

On thursday we held a party for our super-intendant who's going to retire after a glorious and colorful career.  Paul Minard, from England, has made quite an impression  on me, eventhough I've only known him for 4 months. He's the kind of boss every one would like to work WITH, because I never got the feeling I had to work FOR him. He always leaves his office-door open and when you stand there and knock on the wall, you surely get the "it's open for some reason : just come in and feel at home" speech.
Even besides work he's one of the gang. He'll be missed by all of us, but for some reason I believe that it will be both ways. Some of the guys know eachother for almost 3 years, so that makes goodbyes a bit more difficult.
It was also Tom Harris' last day at Satorp. He won't be retiring, but he's been offered an office in Paris and Brussels. I didn't know Tom before this evening, but he's a joyful guy as well and it was good having him around.
Anyway, we all had dinner at the Meat House and after went to JJ's, an Irish pub with a live band, which by the way was excellent.

Paul, if you should read this : I'm glad I met you, I wish you a wonderful time during you well deserved retirement and I hope in the future our paths may cross again ! Enjoy !!
I'm sure Karl, Erik, Tom, Lucien, Ray, Leon and the guys who couldn't be there, would wish you the same !




No comments:

Post a Comment